Loosing It's Soul


So, a few days ago, there was an announcement in my 30 Days Writing Challenge Jilid 5's group about our book that will be published soon.

FYI, we were free to choose which of our masterpiece that will be the part of the book (it's an antology book, where all the Fighters a.k.a the writers will have their own pages that contains one of their best written words). It was about a month ago, at the moment when the program was over.

Then I chose one of my posts that I thought it represents me the best, besides it also qualified one of the three themes that was given at that time.

The chosen post then began to be edited by the chosen editors also.



A few days ago was the day when they revealed the results. I can't help but wonder what my post will be like.

They sent us a PDF file that contains all the files that will be printed, and I immediately downloaded them and looked for mine.

I was shocked.

The moment I read it, I didn't feel any smile around my face.

The moment I read it, I almost thought that it wasn't me who wrote it down.

The moment I read it, I felt disappointed.

I kept on silent, looking at my phone screen as if any magical thing would happen... but nothing.

Dear Editor, what have you done with my work?



Update:

Hari ini setelah sekian hari yang lalu itu juga saya ajukan protes, keberatan, atau apapun itu namanya... alhamdulillah. Keluhan saya sudah ditanggapi dan karya original saya akhirnya kembali bangkit dari tidurnya dengan segenap jiwa, nyawa, gaya, dan ciri khas seorang Yazida.

Yeay!

Mohon doanya yaaa semuanya, untuk project antologi Fighters 30 DWC Jilid 5 ini, hihihihi!

Yang mau pesan juga, boleh banget PC saya! Terima kasih untuk kalian semua yang sudah dukung saya agar selalu on fire sampai titik ini.

Especially untuk yang hari ini sudah terror saya dengan sebuah kalimat menakutkan di kolom chat LINE saya:

Kamu ga pernah nulis lagii

Well, thanks! You make me write this one, Dude.



Sincerely,
Yazida.

#KeepWriting #Day75

Komentar